Monday, January 5, 2009

Mashed Potatoes

Get approx. 10 potatoes, peel and cut into cubes
Put them into a pan and fill until covering the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes until your fork can easily go through the potatoes. Drain and put back into the pan if you just have a hand mixer or put into your kitchen aide mixer. Add 1 cube of butter and start to mix it in until melted also add about 1/4 cup of whole milk or cream. ( This will make your potatoes creamy) Now add the following ingredients, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add these to your own taste. I never measure so I can't tell you how much I just keep tasting till it is perfect for me. My grandpa taught me how to make these potatoes and they are the best mashed potatoes ever made.
I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment